This scene is from a bonding time at our teachers retreat in late October, which included lots of physical and spiritual refreshment. We just concluded the first semester of the school year, so it was a perfect time to pause, get some fresh air and reflect.
Our speaker for the retreat shared some great insights regarding work:
· In Genesis 1, God is introduced as a creative worker, and we are created in His image. That inspires all of us!
· All that God made was good – look for this good in each person.
· Everything in life is a process, from the creation account to God’s work in people’s lives – we only have this time to be God’s hand in a student’s life.
· Work and the Sabbath rest are complementary. Work becomes oppressive when we forget the One who gave us the work.
· There is a sense of wonder in the work place, expect to see the Resurrected Christ on Monday!
· Practice our trust in the Great I AM.
The teachers are on break this week before heading back to classes for the second semester. Please pray that they would get the rest they need and the spiritual filling to be used by God in the lives of our 500+ students.
Thank you for remembering CCS in your prayers and gifts.